Tuesday, February 22, 2011

China Part 1




Hello there :P missing in action for god knows how long and here I am about to update about my first-torturous-then-awesome China trip ;) So I left Malaysia on the 2nd of February at merely 5am in the morning sulking with the fact that I wont be able to celebrate Chinese New Years with my friends... Insane or what?





About to leave.




Our stop was Shenzhen and even so I didnt had a great journey due to the bad migrane I was suffering throughout the whole journey there. Couldn't even sleep. Sad.


Finally reached and about to head to our hotel. Weather was pretty chilly (had to pretend it wasnt very cold because i kept acting smart telling my mom "aiyah china not cold lah. 20 deg is like hotter than my aircon room " ... I WAS WRONG! )


GDH Hotel. It was really nice and high tech! the switches were all touchscreen! omg..couldnt we have it touch-switches in Malaysia? -.-


My first 2 days was spent in ShenZhen and it was pretty dull as we didnt had much to do than eat..I didn't even get to take my good nap when we arrived and we had to leave for dinner with my China relatives already . TIRING..



for a fact I have to admit the flowers were really eye catching!




Scrumptious meals to fuel up for our tiring day.






After lunch, headed to my relative's new house (it is 1 year old but no one stays there ). The place was like a double-storey kind of houses but in high rised building. Really beautiful completed with a great security, nice gardens, COLD WEATHER, and a club house facility. I would dream to stay there!



Nope they do not have house keys, they have a fingerprint detector! Cool or what?!



Beautiful living room !


Velvet couch. I swear its so comfortable I was on the edge of falling asleep there!

I


Fell...




In..


LOVE..


WITH HER HOUSE!!!!!!! its pink.. OMG !



What was most insane was... my aunty designed the whole house by herself! She did everything from picking the venue, designing the house, picking her materials for walls, bedsheet, pillowcase, bedazzling her pillow case and literally everything.. and the amazing thing was she had no designing background and only did it because she had an interest in designing. I salute her! The house is so princessy! i love it!


Topped with a breath taking lake view especially when the city is lit up beautifully at night. THUMBS UP!






I swear she is awesome. She asked me to go over to China at the end of this year so she could get me a skating couch to experience skating in China's rink ! yays! :P









After visiting my relative's new house, we went to their current place.



the poodle was adorable!



Meet Wei Wei. I still remember back then when they came for a visit in Malaysia, I brought her for ice skating and she told me she loved it . Since then she went back to China to learn skating and she's really good now ( i even stalked all her pictures at competitions at their home comp) ! proud :')




Yuen Yuen. The elder one . Pretty!








Relatives then brought us to do some shopping at Coastal City and see the skating rink.









It was huge !! like 3times of the skating rink we see in Pyramid. Too bad we couldnt skate as it was close :( would've made my trip a memorable one if I could skate though.




We went to where they celebrated the opening of the olympic or whatnot. I have no idea...







Worn out and exhausted I still had time to webcam with the boyfriend and the most embarrassing part was when he said he had to be away for prayers for abit then I was thinking to myself "okay lah, lie down for awhile on the bed lah" (fyi my laptop was directly facing my bed) .. and the next thing I knew, I WOKE UP AT 5AM to see that he hasn't stop the vid call yet.. i still wonder whether did I snore..... LOL..




Next morning, the typical first day of cny session... I still can never master the art of this. I always have nothing to say other than "Gong Hei Fatt Choi" ..




Relatives came over to the hotel to pick us up for a vegetarian breakfast.


yums :) I personally am not a fan for vegetarian but this is not bad at all!




All the aunties having their talks.



After walking for a bit I realized something was wrong with my shoes...
You got it right... THE SOLE CAME OFF!


Aunty was awesome she brought me to a shopping mall to get a new pair of shoes but stuff there were extremely pricey so I decided to just get a cobbler instead.




Ting Mun trying to annoy me.. like what he always do.



I swear if I was stronger I would've beat him up to the ground!





It was so agonizing because my sole was out while everybody were still procrastinating about where they wanted to go. So dad and mom being sensitive to my leg (thank you god) , decided to stay off from the crowd and we went for our own hunting for cobblers and I gotta say, WRONG MOVE! we had this huge language barrier with communicating with the people there I didn't even know how to say "cobbler" in mandarin.. So i had to constantly lift up my feet and point to my spoiled shoes. Embarrassing much! The more I am determined to learn mandarin now, It's not a want, its a need!!





Then another round of shopping,






And we called it a day, feet was already burning the moment I step in to the hotel. But nothing felt better than to see the one you love :) really brings up the energy.
hi baby :)




brother being annoying..




Slept the tiring day off. And the next morning we were ready to head our way to Hong Kong!!


Till then!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally remember both your cousins! Haha, sounds like a really good trip! If you're ever planning to visit China again in the future, let me know! I'd love to join you. Hehe and khemm.... you're looking even more gorgeous each day. I was just looking through your "Photos of Vanes" (I'm not stalking, I promise!) on Facebook the other day. It's like you went through a period of transition turning into this beautiful butterfly in such a short period of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dear fel fel! yeah it was a really good trip and learnt lotsa stuff too (not a banana anymore ok!) nawwww, so sweet :') but i think you're exaggerating lah! you are looking more beautiful each day as well! :) miss you and shiing and when is our hang out ?! we'll go to china next time to skate and have our operasi belajar mandarin kay? haha loves! cya

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Vanes Phung ♥, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena